Friday, October 21, 2016

The Couch

Caipirinha and fruits in a cake bowl mmmmm.

Okay so where were we? Mauricio's dad left back home and we still don't have a couch. Or oven. That's where we are.

We have been quite a lot in downtown and elsewhere to find furniture.
We need kitchen table and some sort of closet to keep clothes in. We do have closet for clothes here already which belongs to the owner of this apartment. It smells like a grandmom. I'm so not gonna put any of my clothes in there. No one should put clothes in there. It still kinda smells funny in our house. But you get used to that.

Btw. In Finland I had these crazy ass migraine attacks once a week and I went to hospital once because one attack was so bad. But here I haven't had any. Well it must be because I don't have this insane work stress over here. I had one attack after fighting with bureaucracy over here but other than that. None.

We still cook with microwave, yeah no oven yet. We haven't had time to go to this store next door while its opening hours. I hope the cheap ass oven is still there.

Okay about the kitchen table. I've kinda realized that we are not gonna find one I like. I've been checking out if I could find one online. It's not very easy to google stuff with language you don't speak :D
Moveis, cozinha. I've found few things but the delivery times are insane! Minimum 30 days of delivery??? I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THAT. Okay while writing this the table would have been here one month ago.. But I also want to touch and feel the products I buy. Mainly because the quality can be whatever over here..
Well. We keep looking.

Aaah yeah, we also need a laundry machine. I didn't even remember that.
We actually have been searching a laundry machine once in a while. I just don't know where to put it because there is no space in bathroom and there is no holes anywhere in this apartment that would show someone has had machine here before. I told Mauricio to make sure from the owner that we can make hole to the wall so we can put the water hose somewhere from the laundry machine.

Well we can't. Apparently somewhere here in this condo there is this laundry room where you can put your machine. But ofc now there is no space for us. Well. Maybe we just have to find these laundry places like in States. You know where ordinary people use some coins to make the machines work.

So on this one Tuesday I was lying in bed and watching some movies when suddenly someone is banging the door and yelling "Mauricio!". I went to check the door like wtf is this crazy dude yelling at. It was the Couch. They were supposed to bring it on afternoon so Mauri would have been home already but 9 am and afternoon. What's the difference.. I opened the door and bla bla bla Portuguese and I said "Yo dude I don't fala no Portuguese, you know English man?" He didn't. So we just waved our hands.

Those dudes threw the big ass couch in the middle of the living room wrapped in packaging paper and plastic and I was like helll no how the fuck am I gonna as a small girl be able to get the couch of this packaging. Well I did. Easy. Peace of cake. Strong independent woman from Finland. I don't need no man.

Look at it! Its so niceee, I also bough this comic puff. Also very nice.
Oh yeah. Before leaving from Finland I sent some of my posters here. They were supposed to be here in 7-14 days. Haven't seen them yet. Honestly I would have been more surprised if the posters had been here on time. Our walls just look kinda empty so posters where aaare you. Also some kind of couch table and corner lamps would be nice. I kinda hate our overly bright roof lamps. So does Mauricio.

I have been trying to find those lamps from online. No luck.

One day this same neighbor who gave us the number for the cheap gas, told Mauri that she has this extra gas bottle which she can sell for us with a good price. Also she asked if we have a laundry machine and offered hers for us to rent! So that's done until we got our own machine and place for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! If you are reading, let me know :)