Thursday, October 20, 2016

People are way too kind


Mauricio's dad and his family came here to spend some vacation time. The timing wasn't perfect because it just rained the whole week. Too bad.

But it's okay! People came to our place right from the morning and there we were waiting for that couch. We waited until it was 1 pm which was the time the couch should have been here already. Well no couch. Mauri called the company asking what the hell, because we had other things to do than waiting for some couch.
"Aah so they didn't let you know? The delivery has been transferred to another time, I thought they called you about that!" Mauri was freaking pissed and said few strong words and they promised the couch to be here on Tuesday so in 3 days.

It was kinda embarrassing because the only couch we had was this...


I was too embarrassed to ask people to sit down. As a Finnish.

While we waited for the couch, Mauricio's  dad started to talk with our neighbor. She gave us a number where we can get cheap gas for the oven. Okay. Help. Gas in my house?!

We left to see the island by CAR! CAR! What a wonderful freedom free'er! Ahh. Gotta love the easiness of a car.

People were kinda hungry and we started to search a restaurant from Lagoa. Lagoa is part of the city close to Campeche, filled with artists and hippies and cool restaurants. On season time it's the place where people go partying. Lagoa has been built around the Lake of Lagoa (Lagoa da conceicao). The lake was very pretty. Very bright from some areas and surrounded by mountains. I think this is my favorite place on this island so far.

We found this buffet restaurant, 35reais per person and eat all you can. Finnish buffet restaurants are soooo cheap after seeing this. Especially this one sushi place. God damn.
But the food. It was SO GOOD. Salads were fresh, no added salt, rice was so good, fish SO good but the salad table was amaziiing! Just take me there now. Please. I want it. And there was a dessert table where I found this pudding that tasted exactly like Finnish Christmas! I ate soo much and I was very happy, SOMETHING ELSE THAN MICROWAVE FOOD!! (because we still don't have the oven)

Had to take couple of selfies in the back of the restaurant.




We continued our trip to the continent. Mauri's dad's wife had secretly been writing a list of things she thought we would still need, so we started hunting those down. I kinda feel very awkward when someone wants to buy us something because I know we are financially good and it's not small thing over here if someone buys you a blender.

We found super lovely store! It was filled with stuff from toys to grills and everything between.
I went nuts but I tried to keep my head cool because "we are gonna buy only things we actually need.. and little bit candies.."This is my everyday mantra. Sugar addiction is bad.

So we got some shelves, clothe hangers, cups and spoons and everything we need at home. They had so much things there. I had to control myself from buying cake bowls and others because A) We don't have any space for those and B) We don't even have a kitchen table to use for baking stuff. And also we don't have that oven yet. Damn.. We spend few hours in the store because we had a car to bring stuff home!

Mauri's dad bought us a clothe rack, blender, coffee mugs and water boiler. He also paid the shelves I chose. This made me feel so bad. Someone is buying all these expensive things for us that I could pay myself also. I felt so guilty. I didn't really know how to be and it didn't make me feel any easier to not know how to show my gratitude in his language. Horrible. So I just smiled awkwardly.

But it was amazing. I was so freaking exited that FINALLY we have shelves where to store our food! We had nothing before this.

After leaving from the store we headed back to the island to see whats up. But well it was Saturday so all the stores were already closed from the downtown and the weather was very bad.

So we drove back to Lagoa to take some pictures from mountains.



After that we went to the downtown mall (not for poor people or not for me) to find some place to eat, since it was already like 5 hours we ate at the buffet. Again I started missing food places in Finland with these prices. My broccoli had salt on it.
Ofc we had to take some selfies.

Mauricio, me, Mauricio's sister, dad and stepmom.

We took a stroll on the street by the downtown beach, checking out some views and gray clouds. Finally we gave up with the weather and headed back to Campeche. Good timing, when we got in to the car it started raining extremely heavily and window wipers had no use. Mauricio's dad wasn't very good navigator anyway and the rain made it impossible to see any signs where to go. We were circling around a lot and we passed many intersections. Good that we were not in a hurry.

Mauri's family spent little bit more time in our place drinking chimarrao and chatting. His dad wanted to put the shelves to the wall himself. (He probably saw my skills with the curtain rods.. OH YEAH! We have curtains now! But it's not super easy to drill stone walls.. so don't judge me) It was kinda late already so we decided to put the shelves on the next day.

But now we have shelves on wall and stuff on shelves. Clothes on hangers and instant coffee made with the water boiler! Also we made some mango smoothies with the blender!

It's all good.

4 comments:

  1. While I was reading through it all I could think was how hard and at the same time AWESOME must be to be facing all of this situations. These Daily Adventures will pay off sometime, i'm suree. hahaha Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. Brazil slaps me on the face everyday :DD But daily adventures indeed :D

      Delete
  2. Damn, that's the coolest thing girl. Following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! More to come and more to be wtf about. I tell u man.

      Delete

Hey you! If you are reading, let me know :)