Tuesday, October 11, 2016

My mother told me to



"You should start writing a blog, at least I would read it" -Mom

Okay so I have been writing this blog a month now in finnish and I thought that I give it a try in english too. Mainly because blogspot shows me what countries have been visiting my blog and people from States and all over the Europe have seen my finnish blog but the language is well.. finnish. So I'm just gonna give this a go.

All these texts here are just direct translations from my original blog: brazilandiia.blogspot.com.br

I've been living in Brazil 2 months now, so these english texts are not gonna be dated correctly. But all the texts are in the order of how I've been experiencing days here.

This is a tryout and lets see how it goes!

Okay, let's try this. At least I don't have to open up my mind on facebook anymore and this gives me other things to do than acting all wifey while Mauri is working.

We are gonna start from the day one and the first impressions and feelings about this country and place.

This place where we live with Mauricio is called Campeche, this is a beachy area, I insisted that if we are gonna live in Brazil, we are gonna live by the beach. This is still a rental apartment which you can tell, but Im gonna get back to that later..

Okay. Florianopolis, Campeche. I didn't know anything about this place before I got here. Mauri just told me that this is the place where brazilian people come to have their vacation and that this is amazingly gorgeously beautiful place and that "You are gonna love it!"

I prepared myself mentally as good as it is possible to be prepared when you move to a weird country. I knew that nothing is like in Finland and Finland is a luxury country and life is easy over there to compare to Brazil. I knew all this but Oh my Lord how this hit me hard. There is WTF moments everyday and all the time.

I flew here through Frankfurt and Sao Paolo. It took about 24 hours to get here.
It's okay, I like travelling and I'm used to wait arriving planes and delayed planes and I think this was actually a first time when nothing weird or special happened during the trip. Except on Frankfurt-Sao Paolo flight there was this kid who screamed 10 hours in a road, also the time when people tried to get some sleep, because it was a night flight. Hahhaha. At the time it wasn't funny.


Frankfurt airport is crazily big! Super cool to go from terminal to another with a train!

In Frankfurt I was again a threat as always...And 10 solid minutes I was lifting up my shirt and stretching my pants and making some exercise movements just to make sure I wasn't carrying anything illegal with me. At least this time there was no drug dogs sniffing me around.
In Sao Paolo at the gate where I was waiting my plane, I got to know to this boy from Florianopolis. He was coming back home from his to Europe. So he was kinda from wealthy family.
Brazilian people don't travel outside of their country unless they have money. Well maybe in other South American countries, but not in Europe.
Anyway we were talking a while with the dude about our trips and travels and we compared our countries to each others and I made him laugh by telling him how cold Finnish girl had to learn how to hug and kiss people whenever meeting.
Also I recommended few places to go in Europe and just chatted about general things of travelling. 
At one point I realized that the gate has changed and I had to leave and hunt down the right gate. Announcements are just in Portuguese so.. But I didn't miss my plane!

Florianopolis has its own airport, many asked if I need to take a boat to my home island but no I don't :D
Mauri was there at the airport waiting for me and we cried a little while we met after 6 months. We took a cab and my first impression from the island is the same as I have from all the warm countries. Similar ground and plants like in Greece or Spain. But when the plane landed to the airport the view was AMAZING! Mountains were framing beaches and the whole island looked like this secret place you find accidentally and you notice that WOW this is a paradise, you know?

Our home is close to the airport. 20 minutes by cab. Which is amazing, I was so tired and 3 hours or something by bus would have been ridiculously horrible.

And then: Home

Okay First I was pretty shocked that oh hell no this is the place Im gonna be living? Help me.. It was cold and even colder inside, because floors are tile and walls are stone, it was echoing inside, no curtains, rugs, NOTHING and the place smelled weird. I almost started crying, but now I blame the tiredness of the trip and I was pretty emotional because of the 6 months waiting.

Right away I told Mauricio that we are gonna go buy some cleaning products and clean this place from floor to the roof. And we have to buy a curtain holder. And sheets for the bed. And this is what we did. And I felt little bit better.

Mauri must be very happy when wifeys first words are "Eww it smells in here!" :D

But the next day was already much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! If you are reading, let me know :)